B. High-quality workforce
C. Equity and fairness
D. Overtime pay
E. Pay differentials
B. Senior administrative employee
C. Hourly-paid employee
D. Executive employee
B. Living-Wage Index.
C. Gross National Product Index.
D. Exchange Rate Index.
E. Employment Cost Index.
C. hourly wage.
D. piecework rate.
E. monthly pay.
42. A _____ is an adjustment to a pay rate to reflect differences in working conditions or labor markets.
B. pay differential
C. green-circle rate
D. rank-and-file adjustment
E. red-circle rate
43. Pay specifically designed to energize, direct, or control employees’ behavior is known as:
C. incentive pay.
D. annual salary.
E. fixed pay.
B. Merit pay
C. Scanlon plan
D. Profit sharing
E. Stock ownership
B. pay relative to average pay.
C. comparable worth versus others.
D. ratio of pay to benefits.
E. the average worth of the skills possessed by the individual.
C. Merit pay
D. Group bonus
E. Scanlon plan
47. Which of the following is an arrangement in which the organization distributes shares of stock to all its employees by placing it in a trust?
B. Employee stock ownership plan
C. Scanlon plan
D. Collective stock options
E. Profit sharing plan
B. They let employees to contribute to their own savings plans.
C. Employees do not pay income taxes on most benefits they receive.
D. They give employees greater control over what their compensation buys.
E. Laws usually do not require employers to provide benefits.
B. Unemployment insurance
C. Group insurance
D. Workers’ compensation
E. Family and medical leave
50. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 requires employers to provide:
B. reinstatement to the same (or a comparable) job upon the employee’s return to work.
C. paid leave to any employee who has one or more years of full-time service.
D. up to 18 weeks of unpaid leave to care of a seriously ill parent, spouse, or child.
E. up to one month of paid leave to take care of a seriously ill spouse, child, or parent.
51. The _____ is a federal law that requires employers to permit employees or their dependents to extend their health insurance coverage at group rates for up to 36 months following a qualifying event, such as a layoff, reduction in hours, or the employee’s death.
B. Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
C. Social Security Act
D. Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
E. Sarbanes-Oxley Act
B. The ADEA
C. The ADA
D. The FLSA
E. The ERISA
53. Benefit plans that permit employees to choose the types and amounts of benefits they want from a set of alternatives are called:
B. cafeteria-style plans.
C. pay-or-play plans.
D. flexible spending accounts.
E. cash balance plans.
Answer the following essay question on a separate sheet (put the essay question number before your answer):
GET THIS PAPER>>>ORDER at Quick Essay Writers QuickEssayWriters.co.uk.
Quick Essay Writers is an essay writing service accepting paypal with 24/7 customer support. Order your essay paper now.
Very professional essay paper writing service based in London, United Kingdom. 24/7 Customer Support, Quick response to customer emails and messages, Live Chat 24/7 through out the year. Very professional writing and customer service guaranteed. Money Back Guarantee if not satisfied.