Please read and view (where applicable) the following Learning Resources before you complete this week’s assignments.
- Course Text: Schmalleger, F. (2016). Criminal justice: A brief introduction (11th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Pearson Education Inc
- Chapter 13, “Juvenile Justice”
Note: Because of the ever-changing nature of Web sites such as those listed below, there is no guarantee that clips will always be available. Hence, the following links are listed as Optional Resources only. However, it is highly recommended that you view them, as they will assist you in completing one or more of your assignments.
- Video: Frontline. (2007). When kids get life. Retrieved fromhttps://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/whenkidsgetlife/view/?utm_campaign=searchpage&utm_medium=videosearch&utm_source=videosearchThis video offers a glimpse into the lives of young men who were sentenced to life in prison for crimes they committed as youths.
View Chapter 11: “Epilogue” (This chapter has close captioning)
- Juvenile Justice System: Issues, Challenges, and TrendsThe juvenile justice system changes as much and as often as the adult criminal justice system does. In relation to the juvenile justice system, the correctional system is much like a pendulum, swinging between harsher punishments for offenders and intensified rehabilitation and treatment. These fluctuations in the juvenile justice system often reflect the issues, challenges, and trends that are prevalent at any given time. The juvenile crimes that increase across society influence the approaches taken to treat young offenders.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 13 in your course text, Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction, paying attention to juvenile justice’s history and evolution, how and why it developed, and why it is where it is today. Consider the agencies, processes, and problems of the juvenile justice system as you review.
- Conduct an Internet search (“juvenile justice” or “juvenile justice system”) looking for issues, challenges, and trends related to the juvenile justice system.
- Based on the information in Chapter 13 of your text and from your Internet search, think about current and potential issues, challenges and trends related to the juvenile justice system and how they might impact its future.
- Consider what issues, challenges, or trends you would change as member of the juvenile justice system.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief description of two issues, challenges, or trends related to the juvenile justice system. Explain how they may impact the juvenile justice in the future. Be specific. Finally, post your thoughts on at least one change you would make to the juvenile justice system as a professional within the system (police officer, judge, lawyer, probation officer, etc). Be specific and use examples to support your position.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
GET THIS PAPER>>>ORDER at Quick Essay Writers QuickEssayWriters.co.uk.
Quick Essay Writers is an essay writing service accepting paypal with 24/7 customer support. Order your essay paper now.
Very professional essay paper writing service based in London, United Kingdom. 24/7 Customer Support, Quick response to customer emails and messages, Live Chat 24/7 through out the year. Very professional writing and customer service guaranteed. Money Back Guarantee if not satisfied.