The Effects of Punishment and Sentencing Sentencing is an important aspect in the criminal justice process. It is the “punishment”defendants receive when they are convicted of a crime. The punishment spectrum is wide and vast, ranging from probation to death.
· Resource: Pages 256-278 of Criminal Justice in Action
· Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum
· Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper analyzing the integral role sentencing plays in the criminal justice process and its effects on society. In your paper address the following points:
o Describe the fundamental philosophies surrounding the purpose of sentencing.
o Describe the factors that go into the determination of each specific sentence.
o Analyze the debate surrounding capital punishment.
· Review 2 to 3 viewpoints for each side of the issue.
· Decide if the arguments are valid. Explain your rationale.
· Describe how this debate influences the decisions for punishment as a whole.
CJS 200 Foundations of the Criminal Justice System Course Syllabus Page 19
This is an opportunity for you to look at the debate from an outside viewpoint. Treat each side equally with an unbiased view.
· Cite at least one source to support each side of the argument.
· Use APA formatting guidelines.
Buy this essay paper